What’s your name?
May I have /know /get your name?
Your name, please?
Mr Liu teaches us English this term.
拓展： 自学 teach oneself / learn by oneself
Karl Marx began to learn Russian by himself in his fifties.
3. join, join in ,attend , take part in 用法的区别
join 指加入某种组织，团体，协会等，使成为其中的一名成员， “ 加入”。
join in 指参加某种活动， “ 参加”。
take part in 指参加某种大型活动，竞赛等，参与其中，并起主导作用， “ 参加”。
attend 指参加会议，讲座，学术报告，婚礼，仪式，宴会等，“ 出席，参加”。
He attended the opening ceremony yesterday.
His brother joined the army three years ago.
Grade One /1 Class Three /3 Room 203 Unit Five /5 Lesson Nine /9
5. apply for 申请
What position do you want to apply for?
6. a little ,little, few , a few 用法的区别
a little , little 修饰不可数名词，a little 表肯定含义，译为 “ 一点点”，little 表示否定含义，译为 “ 几乎没有”。
a few ,few 修饰可数名词，a few 表示肯定含义，译为 “ 有几个”，few 表示否定含义，译为“ 几乎没有”。
eg: I’ m not lonely because I have made a few friends here.
You’d better be in a hurry because there is little time left.
He has few friends here , so he often feels very lonely .
I’m so thirsty, but there is little water left in the bottle.
7. would like /want “ 想要”，后面可以跟名词，代词或不定式结构。
I would like /want a cup of coffee.
He would like /wants to be a doctor.
8. Excuse me 与 sorry 的区别。
excuse me “ 对不起，抱歉，打扰”，用于打扰，麻烦对方之前的客气用语。
Excuse me , may I use your pen?
Excuse me , Can you tell me the way to the nearest bank?
sorry 一般是在做错事情后的道歉用语，“对不起”，或者是表示“ 难过，遗憾”。
I’m sorry to have kept you waiting.
I’m sorry to have broken your window.
---- My mother is ill.
----- I’m sorry to hear that.
9. can 的用法
Can you speak Spanish?
Who can answer this question?
2) 表示客观条件允许做的事情，译为“ 可以，允许”
You can come tomorrow if you like.
You can park your car here.
You can’t make so much noise .
3) 表示推测，往往用于否定句或疑问句，译为“ 可能 ”
That can’t be Mary. She’s in hospital.
There is someone outside. Who can it be?
4) 表示偶尔发生的情况，译为“ 有时会，可能会 ”
Scotland can be very cold.苏格兰有时会很冷。
Jim can be very annoying. 吉姆有时会很烦人。
1. --- Your name, please? ---- ______________.
A .I’m a student. B .I work in No.1hospital.
C .I’m John Green. D .Don’t ask me.
2. --- Can he drive a car? ---- ________________.
A .Yes, he is B .No ,he doesn’t
C. No, he can’t D. No, he isn’t
3. He would like _________ a sales manager.
A. being B. to be C. is D .be
4. Miss Li will teach ______ Chinese next term.
A .their B .theirs C. they D. them
5. He will _____ your wedding（ 婚礼）tomorrow.
A .join B. join in C. attend D. take part in
6. He _______ many activities in school.
A .takes part in B .joins C. attends D. joined
7. He is not lonely because he has made _______friends here.
A .few B .a few C. little D .a little
8. You’d better be in a hurry because there is ______ time left.
A. few B. a few C. little D .a little
9. He has ______ friends here, so he often feels very lonely.
A. a few B .a little C. little D .few
10. I’m so thirsty, but there is ________ water left in the bottle.
A. a few B .a little C .few D. little
A little boy wanted to meet God, so he started his trip with some cakes and orange juice. On his way he saw an old woman 1 in the park. The boy sat down next to her. The old lady looked 2 , so he offered her a cake. She 3 it thankfully and smiled at him. Her smile was 4 pretty that the boy wanted to see it again, so he gave her a bottle of orange juice. Once again she smiled at him. The boy was very happy! They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, but they never say a word. As it grew dark, the boy got up to leave. 5 he left, he gave her a kiss. She gave him her 6 smile ever.
When the boy 7 home, his mother saw the look of joy 8 his face. She asked him, 9 made you so happy? He replied, I had lunch with God. She‘s got the most beautiful smile I‘ ve ever seen! The old woman also returned to her home__10__. Her son asked, Mother, why are you so happy? She answered, I ate cakes in the park with God.
You know, he‘s much younger than I expected .
( )1. A. sits B. sitting C. to sit D. sat
( )2 A. hungry B. angry C. thirsty D. tired
( )3. A. received B. gave C. accepted D. refused
( )4. A. very B. too C. so D. quite
( )5. A. Before B. After C. Since D. Until
( )6. A. big B. bigger C. the biggest D. biggest
( )7. A. got to B. got C. reaches D. arrived in
( )8. A. in B. with C. at D. on
( )9. A. Which B. Where C. What D. Why
( )10. A. happily B. happy C. happiness D. happier
Do you know how to play a game called “Musical Chairs”？ It is easy to play and most people enjoy it. All you need are some chairs， some people and some way of making music. You may use a piano or any other musical instrument， if someone can play it. You may use a tape recorder. You can even use a radio.
Put the chairs in a row. The chairs may be put in twos， back to back. A better way is to have the chairs in one row with each chair facing in the opposite direction to the chair next to it.
The game is easy. When the music starts， the players walk round the chairs. Everyone goes in the same direction， of course， they should walk in time to the music. If the music is fast they should walk quickly. If the music is slow， they should walk slowly.
The person playing music cannot see the people in the game. When the music stops， the players try to sit on the chairs. If a person cannot find a chair to sit on， he drops out. Then， before the music starts again， one chair must be taken away. When the music stops again， one more player will be out.
At last， there will be two players and one chair. The one who sits on the chair when the music stops is the winner.
1. If ten people are playing musical chairs， you must begin with _______.
A. nine chairs B. ten chairs
C. eleven chairs D. one chair
2. Which of the following is not suitable for playing musical chairs？ _______.
A. A piano B. A radio
C. A tape recorder D. A telephone
3. The chairs should be put _______.
A. with the desks B. before the winner
C. all over the room D. in a line
4. When the music starts, the players must _______.
A. run about the room B. get down
C. walk around the chairs D. sit on the chairs
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true？
A. The game “Musical Chairs” is not difficult to learn.
B. The last one can sit on the last chair.
C. The winner can sit on the chair.
D. If the person plays music, he cannot be the winner.
(2) 根据下面短文的内容判断句子正误，正确的为” T ”,错误的为” F ”,未提到的用”N”
There are about 5,000 different kinds of ladybugs in the world. They come in many different colors. Their bright colors warn other animals or insects not to eat them. Ladybugs taste bad. A bird or a frog that eats a ladybug will remember the bright colors and it will not eat another ladybug with the same colors again. When ladybugs are in danger, they will give out a fluid(液体)that tastes terrible.
In many cultures, the ladybug is considered to be a symbol of good luck. Most ladybugs are kind to humans. They eat other insects which destroy crops. One ladybug can eat up to 5,000 insets in its lifetime.
Ladybugs have six short legs. They live in many different places, including green lands, forests, cities, the countryside and along rivers. Different ladybugs have different spots(点). Some of them don’t have spots at all. The most common kind in North America is the 7-spotted ladybug. The 7-spotted ladybugs are the most active from spring to autumn. When the weather turns cold, they look for a warm place to sleep, such as under stones or in houses.
1. Ladybugs can give out a terrible fluid to protect themselves.
2. In many cultures ladybugs are believed to bring good luck.
3. Most of the ladybugs are harmful to crops.
4. Ladybugs live in many places except cities.
5. Winter is the best time for 7-spotted ladybugs to go out for food.
Playing with other kids is important. Hitting, kicking, running and jumping are good ways of learning to control angry feelings. Playing is having fun. It can teach kids to share, respect, follow rules, help each other and work together. It can also help kids realize that everyone has rights and responsibilities in a group.
While kids are playing they are learning lots of different skills. Here are some types of play:
Exploring. As soon as a baby can move around, he or she starts exploring the world by looking, touching, tasting, smelling and listening.
Physical. This is the kind of play where you are moving around--- jumping, running, throwing, catching, etc.
Creating. Painting, drawing, building and writing your own stories are some ways of being creative.
Imagining. Have you seen little kids crying like a bear or acting like a kitten? They are pretending to be something or someone else.
Manipulating. This is the kind of play where the eyes, brain and hands get better at working together.
Socialising. Where kids learn how to play together.
1. What can kids learn while they are playing?
2. What can kids do if they want to control their angry feelings?
3. Why is it important to play with other kids?
4. How many types of play does the writer offer to us?
5. Which type of play do painting and drawing belong to?
四 . 书面表达
He would like _______ ________ ________ the position.
Can you _______ something _______ your school?
Could you lend me _______ _______ money?
4. He took part in the Olympic Games in 2008.
5. He can write in English and French.
Sex : 2
Marital Status : 3
Health : 4
Date of birth : 6
Address : 7
Job expected : 8
Education records :
1. In 1992,graduated from No.5 Middle School of Beijin.
2. 1992-1996 studied in 9 of China Foreign Languages University and graduated in June of 1996 with a degree of BA.
1. Has been teaching in Shanghai University since 1996.
2. be good at interpretation and 10 a part time interpreter.
Words for reference :
文学学士学位： BA 翻译员: interpreter 系，部门： department